Chem’s Sis, also known as Chemdawg’s Sister, is a Sativa-dominant hybrid with a Sativa/indica percentage of 75/25. It is common for its super-potent high and the insanely high THC level of 18 to 27% on average. For this reason, it is recommended for experienced patients. Users claim that Chem’s Sister Marijuana strain fills your head with unfocused euphoria feelings as well as pure happiness.
Chem’s Sister Strain has a lightly relaxing body high that does not affect your energy levels to accompany this lifted state. With such effects and its relatively high potency levels, the strain has been chosen to treat people suffering from depression symptoms. It is also believed that the strain helps with chronic stress, anxiety, mood swings, and inflammation.
What is Chem’s Sister Strain?
As we have mentioned, Chem’s Sister Strain is a renowned hybrid strain for its sedative and relaxing effects. Users claim that the strain leaves them feeling more creative, uplifted, and focused. As we expect from a cousin of Chemdawg, the strain offers a skunky and diesel-like smoke. For experienced marijuana users, the flavor is generally considered to be a legacy.
Additionally, there are pleasant citrus undertones which brings the strain a fresher smoke. Chem’s Sister Strain has been in the market since 1996, and it has become popular ever since. Part of its popularity arises from its euphoric and uplifting effects.
Aroma, Flavor, and Appearance
- Aroma- The aroma of Chem’s Sister strain is similar to that of Chemdawg’s due to the similar chemical and fuel-like odor. This scent will only become stronger after breaking the buds apart in your grinder. Doing so is going to bring an overpowering and skunky aroma to your room. It also has special citrus notes.
- Flavor- You might expect that this diesel smell will be carried into the flavor. Even though this could be true, the strain has a bit sweeter taste. The bitter chemical taste is due to citrus and sandalwood. Some users detect some crisp pine taste.
- Appearance- Chem’s Sister buds are frosty because of the generous trichomes coating. These will become dark with age and become very sticky when you touch them.
Chem’s Sister Strain Grow Info
This is a cloned strain which means that you will not get seeds online. Since it is a moderately hard strain to grow, newbies might feel discouraged. The climate suited for this strain is the Mediterranean type having a warm temperature and adequate sunlight. If you have no access to such a climate, you should opt for indoor growing. To get the best terpene profile, the soil is the best growing medium.
Indoor growing poses several benefits like the ability to control the humidity levels. This is important since this strain is not resistant to mold and mildew. Make sure to have a good ventilation system that will suck excess moisture from the room.
- Indoors- Chem’s Sister takes 10 to 12 weeks to flower when it is grown indoors. When ready to harvest, it will produce anywhere between 12 and 16 ounces for every square meter. Applying the Screen of Green (SOG) method will, however, encourage higher yields and increased trichome production. Growers will need to prepare types of odor control like carbon filters. Since it is a potent strain, Chem’s Sister will fill the entire room with some overwhelming aroma.
- Outdoors- The Chem’s Sister strain could flower in the 2nd or 3rd week in October, according to growers in the N. Hemisphere. All the same, it could extend to the 1st week in November based on the current weather. All factors held constant; this strain will yield not less than 16 ounces of buds for every plant.
Medical Benefits of Chem’s Sister Strain
Due to its high THC content, users might enjoy relief from different painful conditions using this strain. Chem’s Sister Strain’s medical benefits span from alleviating joint pains, muscle aches as well as headaches. Due to its uplifting effects, the strain might offer temporary relief from your mood disorders such as depression. Among other users, Chem’s Sister could help to alleviate nausea and also increase your appetite.
Potential Side Effects
Most users of this strain normally experience dry eyes and a dry mouth. Some other side effects that are likely to happen include increased anxiety as well as paranoia. With its high THC content, keep off the strain if you are a newbie.
If you are a fan of Chemdawg, you will like its phenotype, which is Chem’s Sister. These two strains have a similar THC level and will bring an uplifting and euphoric high. The difference between these two strains is that the Chem’s Sister Strain is less sedating than Chemdawg. Ideally, newbies are advised to avoid the strain. On the other hand, experienced users should not overuse it to prevent adverse and unpleasant effects.