Killer Queen is a Sativa-dominant hybrid that is not as strong as the lineage could suggest. Its THC levels top out at 16%, making the strain ideal for a relaxing head high. The Killer Queen strain could induce creativity and deliver a simple mood boost. Its euphoria could be rather strong, but that comes with the energy needed for your daytime activities. This strain normally hits between our eyes, with the high being wild in the forehead, eyes, and face.
With its sweet taste and pungent smell, the Killer Queen strain resembles the tropics. The strain will work best for pain and depression. It could as well assist with inflammation and anxiety. The common side effect of this marijuana strain is dry mouth.
What is Killer Queen Strain?
The Killer Queen marijuana strain is a balanced hybrid that Brothers Grimm in British Columbia created. This is a cross of 2 quality strains which are G13 and Cinderella 99. Even though it is easy to grow, it is relatively harder to find this strain outside North America. With a good degree of experience, you can easily increase the overall yield to a large extent.
We can say that this is a relatively potent strain in terms of potency, and you should feel its effects rapidly. Users have reported feeling pressure piling up around their foreheads and behind their eyes. After getting used to the odd sensation, this strain will help you focus and handle the rather tedious tasks.
Aroma, Flavor, and Appearance
- Aroma- from a general point of view, the Killer Queen strain has a fruity, earthy, and pleasant smell. When cured fully, the strain gets some hints of orange. You might also get an herbal aroma with sweetness tinges making you want to try this strain immediately.
- Flavor- the strain has a sour and tangy taste similar to the green apples. There are times that you might feel the hints of the tropical flavor.
- Appearance- it has the common indica structure of mossy green leaves, brown and orange pistils, and a white coating of trichomes. Normally, the nugs will have a circular shape.
Killer Queen Strain Grow Info
Brothers Grimm offers this strain’s seeds online. Suppliers are located in the UK, the US, and Canada. Upon purchase, you can opt to grow the seeds either outdoors or indoors. Growing Killer Queen marijuana outdoors is not that easy since the strain needs semi-humid climates.
This is a stout and short plant that will give a good yield. The reason why it is easy to grow the plant is the fact that it resists diseases and pests. Given that the buds of the Killer Queen strain are heavy make sure to support the plants using stakes when the flowering stage begins.
- Indoors- When grown indoors, this strain can yield about 9 ounces for every bud on average. This yield is for every square meter of the entire plantation. This strain takes anywhere between 8 to 9 weeks before flowering and becoming ready for harvesting.
- Outdoors- When the killer strain is grown outdoors, it can be expected to yield about 13 ounces of bud for each plant. The strain will be ready for harvest around mid to late October after reaching full bloom.
Medical Benefits of Killer Queen Strain
Even though this is a strain used for recreation, it has many other uses, especially among medical marijuana patients. Some of the Killer Queen strain medical benefits include increased focus which helps people with ADD/ADHD issues. Its euphoric effects make it a good choice for the short-term high for anxiety and depression patients.
Killer Queen also has enough potency allowing it to be used as an analgesic. Medical marijuana patients have used it for conditions like headaches. Users, however, claim that it works best for muscle aches and severe pains. If you are suffering from fatigue, this strain could bring you an energy boost for some time.
Potential Side Effects
Being a potent strain, it could yield a very deep cerebral high. In this case, if your tolerance for THC is low or you are generally a newbie, this would not be the best option. Other than the mild dizziness feelings, other side effects are minor. These could include dry eyes, dehydration, and a dry mouth. Excess consumption could lead to anxious thoughts or paranoia.
This strain has a wide range of potential uses. After a few tokes, you will appreciate the pace with which it takes effect. After the first energy boost and the thought clarity, the strain eventually helps you relax. It has been appreciated as a way of manipulating your energy levels. Other than improving your mood, the strain also keeps you focused. The good thing about it is that it is very easy to grow.